A career is the sum total of paid and unpaid work, learning and life roles you undertake throughout your life. In today’s world of work, the term ‘career’ is seen as a continuous process of learning and development.
A qualified Careers and Workplace Learning Coordinator and a Transition Broker provide support on:
- career development and planning
- university and TAFE subject prerequisites
- school-based apprenticeships, apprenticeships and VET options
- TAFE Taster programs
- alternative education programs
- student engagement options
- school work experience and structured work placement and all the required VTAC information.
Students are encouraged to examine their individual pathways and to seek experiences in tertiary education, workplace or applied learning.
A comprehensive work education program assists students to explore future careers and encourages the development of vocational skills. A one-week Work Experience Program is compulsory and an optional second week to be completed in student holidays is recommended.
Click Lalor North College Careers website for more information.